Apply for IB Middle Years Programme (IB MYP)
Applicants in grade 9, JHS 3 or its equivalent are eligible to apply for admission into our two-year IB MYP program. Admission is highly competitive and is based on an entrance examination and subsequent interview for shortlisted applicants. Priority is given to qualified students from SOS Children’s Villages across Africa.
Application for the 2020/2021 academic year will be opened on 06 January 2020. Once the applications process is opened you will see a link on our homepage. Please go to the link for the online application process on this website and follow the online instructions. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with our office on firstname.lastname@example.org should you encounter any challenge.
Applicants from SOS Children’s Villages
Admission process for applicants from SOS Children’s Villages is as follows:
- 10/01/2020: Recruitment letter sent to SOS Children’s Villages from SOS-HGIC
- 10/03/2020: Application materials to be submitted/uploaded includes:
- Completed Application Forms
- School reports from previous 2 years (6 terms)
- 1 passport photograph
- Copy of birth certificate
- 30/03/2020- 11/04/2020: Recruitment team to SOS Children’s Villages in Africa to administer Entrance Examinations and Interviews
- Notification of Admission decisions are made in May
- 11/7/ 2020 – 15/08/2020: Intensive Summer Programme for students from SOS Children’s Village.
- 15/08/2020 August: Academic year begins.
Applicants from schools in Ghana and Abroad
Admission process for all other applicants is as follows:
- 06/01/2020 – 31/03/2020: Online application available
- A completed application must include upload of the following:
- School Terminal Reports for the previous 2 years (6 terms)
- 1 current passport size photograph
- Copy of birth certificate and detailed passport page
- Proof of payment of application fee (can be done online)
- 10/04/2020: Forum for prospective students and parents
- 25/04/2020: Entrance Examination at SOS-HGIC for all local applicants. (Arrangements could be made with the consent of the Principal of SOS-HGIC and host school, to send Entrance tests abroad for foreign applicants.)
- 09/05/2020: Release of Entrance Exam Results
- 15/05/2020 & 16/05/2020: Interviews for shortlisted candidates based on entrance examination performance. (Opportunity will be given to unsuccessful candidates to review their test papers in the first week after the release of the results)
- 20/05/2020 & 29/05/2020: Notification of Admission and New Parent’s & Student Orientation
- 15/08/2020: Academic year begins